Skip to main content

A Spectacular September!

Greetings, folks! 
We hope you had a wonderful September!!!

September was an amazing month!! We got to do so many spectacular things, including seeing Shenandoah and Sawyer Brown in concert at Silver Dollar City, finishing up our second to last butcher day, getting new laying hens, celebrating Anna's 16th birthday and a trip up to Colorado (for a few of us)! 
So, as we always say, let's begin!! :)
Here's a fun picture of a pie eating competition at Farmer's Market of the Ozarks!! (Not who can eat the fastest, but who could eat the most.) Honestly I thought it would be more thrilling!
Our new laying hens!! They don't look too impressive in the picture because they were molting! :)
We first trained them to respect electric fencing in the corral (they had never been in one before), and it actually went well! Since we have been using the fence with them they have not gotten out!! So, we moved them out to the field. So far, so good!!!
Our LAST batch of broilers!!! Just wait, your day's coming next month!!! :)
Pictures from all the beautiful sunsets and sunrises from September!! 
WARNING: There are a lot! :)









Hey, when you don't have a tractor, all you need are four people and a truck!
So, Norah, I, Anna, and Ashley were on it!!
And before we knew it, another butcher day came along! 
What the chicken killer looks like after she's done! 
This was our first time this year butchering all by 
ourselves!
It all turned out really well, and we made wonderful timing!! 
When Anna and Havi get bored and no friends are around........
At Silver Dollar City watching Shenandoah!!!
Isaiah loved it! 



It was LOTS of fun and a night to remember!!!!
Since we went to the concert right after the Farmer's Market and had to leave the trailer behind, we parked the car in front to hold our place. (No, we don't hook the heavy trailer to the poor little car)
Now, for a birthday throwback, can you guess who the little kid is?
...And here on Dad's back?
If you guessed Anna, you're correct!!! 
This kid is now 16!!! 
That big thing in front of her is the beautiful (and yummy) ice cream cake Ashley made for her!!!
Prayer meeting at our house: a great time to celebrate Anna's birthday! 
 
 And as Anna put it:
"I'm grateful to have these women in my life. They are
filled with wisdom, God's love, and are true examples of what a daughter of Christ looks like."
I couldn't agree more!! 
(Mrs. Stein, Mrs. Ford, Anna, and Mrs. Lang)
Getting pictures with big cakes are the new thing!! :)
 Also so thankful for everyone in this picture!
Mary, Anna, Sarah, Mrs. Penn, and Me! 
I took Anna's Birthday pictures this year! I think they turned out! :D


Isaiah finds my school more interesting than I do these days. 
Ashley, Anna, and Mom went to see Sawyer Brown in concert!! 
(Unfortunately, it didn't work out for the rest of us to come.)



It looked and sounded like a lot of fun!!! 
Anna, Norah, and I headed out to Colorado a week before Grandma and I went on our trip to Greece! We had a lot of fun with our family and friends!!! :)
Heading up to Estes Park
The mountains were so beautiful!

There were lots of elk there!!!
You don't see that everyday!! 
So, we got a selfie with one!! 
A few days later, we heard that a woman had gotten attacked by one that same day,
 and that people should stay at least a football field away from them.
Ooops! 

Visiting the Stanley Hotel!! 
They said it was haunted, so we explored it!! :)
And we even got a picture with Stanley!!! :D
The sunset that night was amazing!!


It was so great to see our Aunts and Uncles!
Norah and Aunt Terri playing with Uncle Ed's and Aunt Donna's dogs!
Driving up Lookout Mountain in Golden! 
On their way home...
At this point, Anna, Norah, and I split up. 
I headed to London, and they headed to Branson! 
Back home:
It's time for a bonfire!!
Katherine has her own sense of taste right now, 
and she enjoys all the attention on her!!
Isaiah's "most used" facial expressions:


Such a cutie!!!
Update on Maddy's life:
 This month marks one year since I started helping take care of Helen. She is 95 and has dementia. When I first agreed to start taking the night shift with her, I had no idea what I was getting into.  Taking care of her has taught me a lot! Patience is definitely the biggest lesson I have learned. I honestly wasn't sure that she would be around much longer when I first started, but here she is alive and well! Though there are times when I have sleepless nights, I'm grateful that I get to do this, and I wouldn't have it any other way in my life right now!
 This month I hit a buck pretty good on the highway.
It'd been a long almost two weeks waiting for my car to be repaired, but I have it back again, and it's as good as new!! :) The things we take for granted!
The beautiful closing of a beautiful day!

And that's it!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!

~The Coulter Family

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Izzy's 12 Year Old Pictures

Now that Isabelle has been 12 for a month now, I finally got around to getting her pictures done! This post will be short and sweet and a big long one will be coming soon (hopefully)!

August In A Nutshell

Hello folks!  We hope you all had a great August!  This month Mom, Dad, and Isaiah drove to CO to drop Peyton and Norah off, so they could visit with our Grandmas for two weeks. They were supposed to go to Germany and Austria with Grandma Mary in June, but, due to covid19, they weren’t able to go.  But they still needed some Grandma time! We also butchered around 300 chickens this month. We’ve never butchered that many at the same time before, so we broke them up into two different butcher days. (Since we had to cut up 200 of them).  And took steers to the butcher!!!  August was also ‘drought  month’ for MO. The fields turned crispy brown,  which hasn’t been helpful for our grazing cattle.   Thankfully, we’ve gotten some good rains right at the end of the month,  and things have once again greened up! Priscilla (my cow) FINALLY had her calf!! We’ve been waiting so long for her to arrive! (YES!!! She had a heifer!!!!!!) So, the process of milking has finally begun! And we’re already get

April

 Welcome Back!! Hope you all had a great April! For us, it was quite crazy! But I guess we should be used to that by now. Overview of April: Springfield Symphony with my cello teacher, her husband, and a few other friends, a Bakers creek Festival, hiking at Ha-Ha Tonka with some of the Ford's, Easter, and a Family Conference in Big Sandy, Texas with the Ford family! Springfield Symphony in Downtown Springfield! Such a beautiful building!! The Symphony!  We also had the pleasure of getting to watch one of the world's best cellists, Bryan Cheng! When you randomly discover that the blue lights in your room make yellow highlighters glow! .....and your siblings ask you to write all over them, and not only do you listen to them but you also think it's a great idea🙈 It's a yellow nose and arms for the win!! Somebody's got a bun in the oven! ;) It's Anna in the background for me! 😂 Got a chance to get some quality time in with this beautiful girl! I love our walks and