Skip to main content

The Excitement of October

I think the biggest thing worth mentioning about last month was that Anna went to Israel! I will have her do a blog post soon!

Meanwhile here is my monthly blog post ;)
I was in Colorado until the 7th of October. 2 days before I got back, my grandparents came into town to visit! They went to Silver Dollar City the day I got back, so I just got picked up from the airport and then, we went straight to SDC. What a day!
The gang. They stayed for 5 days and then went back to Colorado.

Fall time in Colorado!
When Anna and Grandma got back from Israel, they had a lot of yard work to do :)
Okay, now back to Missouri. Waiting any day for those cows to come fresh. Since then, we have had 2 calves born. One on 10/20 and the last one 10/25, on Dad's birthday!
My one and only art project for the month

This little girl turned 2!

2 year old photos



I think she was excited that the day centered around her :)

 Autumn invited me to go with her, and a bunch of other people from church, to St. Louis for a day of hiking and seeing the symphony! It was my first time, and I loved it! Here is the crew, or most of them anyway. ( Some of these I got off of Facebook, because I made the mistake of not taking very many pictures myself)
Lunch time

 Beginning the hike.....

Joshua, Yummie, and Rebekah
 Stopping to hang out by the river
Emily, Kelsey, David and I
Other people coming down too....
We made it up the endless staircase! Time to admire the view! Though Autumn just wanted to keep moving on ;)
 Pretty neat! It's amazing how green it still is this time of year.
 Break time
 Autumn overlooking the scenery
More scenery

Rachel and Samara
 Kelsey and David
 A few of us ended up getting a little ahead of the rest of the group so Autumn, Emily, Dallas, Anna, and I all went exploring somewhere else. First we came across this old..... bridge? Wasn't exactly sure what it was.....
 Then we wandered off closer to the water
 Anna and Dallas
Then we collected clam shells. I couldn't believe how many there were!
Shadow picture!
Dallas, Autumn, Anna, Emily, and I
Then we all got changed and went out for dinner.
And it's off to the symphony!
 And here is the whole group at the symphony! It was a really fun day spent with good friends! It was, after Colorado, the highlight of the month for me :)
 Happy birthday Dad!
 We also got some family pictures done this month. Me and my sisters.
Family picture with Grandma in it!
 Anna and Grandma got back from Colorado on the 20th. Then Grandma stayed a week and then she went back to Colorado. I know, we did a lot of back and forth from Colorado to Missouri this last month! Totally a blast!
 Saying goodbye at the airport

 That night, our church had their Reformation celebration


 Anna and Joe
 James and his fiance, Axie!
The girls. Autumn, Abbey, Emily, and Hannah
 Ruby and Tessa
Philip

These guys were evidently having fun
I'm ending this blog post with a beautiful sunrise picture!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Izzy's 12 Year Old Pictures

Now that Isabelle has been 12 for a month now, I finally got around to getting her pictures done! This post will be short and sweet and a big long one will be coming soon (hopefully)!

August In A Nutshell

Hello folks!  We hope you all had a great August!  This month Mom, Dad, and Isaiah drove to CO to drop Peyton and Norah off, so they could visit with our Grandmas for two weeks. They were supposed to go to Germany and Austria with Grandma Mary in June, but, due to covid19, they weren’t able to go.  But they still needed some Grandma time! We also butchered around 300 chickens this month. We’ve never butchered that many at the same time before, so we broke them up into two different butcher days. (Since we had to cut up 200 of them).  And took steers to the butcher!!!  August was also ‘drought  month’ for MO. The fields turned crispy brown,  which hasn’t been helpful for our grazing cattle.   Thankfully, we’ve gotten some good rains right at the end of the month,  and things have once again greened up! Priscilla (my cow) FINALLY had her calf!! We’ve been waiting so long for her to arrive! (YES!!! She had a heifer!!!!!!) So, the process of milking has finally begun! And we’re already get

April

 Welcome Back!! Hope you all had a great April! For us, it was quite crazy! But I guess we should be used to that by now. Overview of April: Springfield Symphony with my cello teacher, her husband, and a few other friends, a Bakers creek Festival, hiking at Ha-Ha Tonka with some of the Ford's, Easter, and a Family Conference in Big Sandy, Texas with the Ford family! Springfield Symphony in Downtown Springfield! Such a beautiful building!! The Symphony!  We also had the pleasure of getting to watch one of the world's best cellists, Bryan Cheng! When you randomly discover that the blue lights in your room make yellow highlighters glow! .....and your siblings ask you to write all over them, and not only do you listen to them but you also think it's a great idea🙈 It's a yellow nose and arms for the win!! Somebody's got a bun in the oven! ;) It's Anna in the background for me! 😂 Got a chance to get some quality time in with this beautiful girl! I love our walks and